Here are the top stories that we are following from newspapers across Arizona. If we missed one, let us know!
AZ Daily Star
· Lower tax, few cuts in county budget
· GOP plan would take money from cities, school districts
AZ Daily Sun
· Tea Party message: Hold bailouts, stimulus accountable
It’s been nearly two weeks since the Flagstaff Tea Party, and still our Web site is buzzing with comments. As of yesterday, the posted story, “Mad about more than taxes,” had nearly three times as many comments as any other story in the past month.
· GOP leaders outline plan to fix state’s budget hole
GOP leaders’ budget plan uses nearly $1 billion in federal assistance, trims an additional $670 million in state spending and claims a half-billion more from cities and school districts
· Judge allows state worker layoffs to stand
A judge has refused a union request to reinstate fired state workers and restrict how future layoffs can take place.
· GOP lawmakers propose taking impact fees
Republican legislative leaders are proposing to fix part of their budget problems by taking $210 million that cities have…